RSS Feed

Scattered Saturday So Far

I like doing these Scattered Saturday posts, only I sometimes have difficulty coming up with a decent lead.  I know, I know, write the body first, then go back and figure out the lead.  It’s not that I can’t write things out or order, I can; I just don’t usually and I am really not that good at it.

Having said all that, I’d like to tell you about my Saturday so far.

I got up at 3:30 a.m., because Steven had to work at 6:30.  He likes to be up three hours before he has to be in. For me two is sufficient and it’s even less when I have to be in at some ungodly hour like five, but we’re not talking about me.  Oh wait a minute, yes we are.  It’s my blog (and I’ll cry if I want to) (no, wait, that’s something else).

I left the house when Steven did, about 6:20 and headed for the store.  I had to pick up a few things for our gathering tonight.  It is NOT a party.  You see, tomorrow is my birthday and if it was a party, people might feel obligated to bring presents.  Also, if it was a party, some people might feel miffed that they were not invited. Also, I just had a big party last month.  Some people say you can’t have too many parties, but I don’t want to put it to the test (some people also say you shouldn’t keep starting sentences with “Also,” but what do they know?).

Where was I?

Oh yes, home from the store, I spent some time cleaning the house, with some degree of success.  For music to clean by I picked Lavay Smith and her Red-Hot Skillet Lickers.  It is not a Christmas album (too early for that), but they end with a bonus track of “Winter Wonderland.”  Which I guess is technically not a Christmas song, but it passes for one. Also, it was not an album, it was a CD.  Sue me.

Next I wrote some post cards and walked them to the post office.  I have not been doing this on Saturday mornings, which had previously been my habit, so I was glad I got to do it, although it is less fun to walk without a dog (that’s not a run-on sentence; diagram it).   It was a little chilly, but it felt good to walk.  Knowing my legs needed the exercise, once I got home I put on running gear and went running.

Oh yes, I almost forgot, amongst these activities I did a load of laundry.  I put it in the washer while I cleaned then the drier while I walked to the post office.  I delayed my run long enough to take it out of the drier and fold it.  You see how efficient I am becoming in my old age.  Not efficient enough to put the laundry away, but one can’t have everything.

After my run (a short plod, really, I may write a blog post about it) (preview of coming attractions), I showered, ate lunch (it was almost 11 a.m.), visited with Steven when he came home for lunch, and took a nap.  I got up when Steven got home around 2:30 and did some other stuff.

However, look how long this post is becoming.  I was going to tell you my whole day so far, but I feel I am taxing your patience by even taking you this far.  And I see I have left a few things out which I had meant to include.  Then again, perhaps those things are only interesting to me.  We may never know.

In any case, I hope you are enjoying your Saturday.  I certainly am.  Hope to see you on Wrist to Forehead Sunday, which this week will be known as How the Hell Did I Get to be 52 Sunday.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: